Colorado Springs Newborn, Maternity and Children's Photographer
Creative Encounters Newborn Workshop 2018
We are excited to announce our Creative Encounters Workshop is heading to Peachy Keen Photography in Sartell, Minnesota!
This is a 1 1/2 day workshop and we will be covering everything from start to finish of how my newborn sessions flow. We will go over camera settings and what I use to achieve my style, to light settings, placement and how you can change your lighting to find your own style. We will also cover set-up, styling, wrapping, business requirements, insurance, and then posing with a model. You will each have a chance to photograph each pose for your portfolio and we will also discuss good angles to photograph babe at. You will get a chance to pose babe in one basic pose, bum up, side laying, huck-fin, modified taco, or a wrap pose.
This class is perfect for newborn photographers ready to take their newborn sessions to another level and a perfect way to meet other newborn photographers in your area, as I strongly believe in lifting each and every one of us up in this industry. We like to keep our workshops small as we strongly believe in more student to teacher time. Whether you are a professional photographer, or just starting out this workshop is for you! This is your chance to take your photography to another level, and rediscover your potential, creativity and passion for newborn photography.
REGISTRATION FEE: $1250 Retainer fee: $250 (will be applied to balance) is non-refundable. Remaining balance of $1000 (due 30 days before workshop). You may make payment arrangements up to 30 days prior to workshop.
WHEN: July 21 & 22, 2018 WHERE: Sartell, Minnesota
You should be proficient in using your camera in manual mode and have a solid understanding of ISO, shutter speed and aperture and how they work together. Gear you should have for the workshop: DSLR camera 35mm, 50mm or a 24-70mm lens Laptop for editing (not required)
What we will cover:
– White balance/shooting in kelvin
– Setting up and styling for your session
– Lighting angles
– Hands-on posing
– Soothing techniques
– Prop posing
– Wrapping techniques
– Parent shots
– Parent prep
– Angles/making the most of poses
– Setting your self apart
– Customer Service
Saturday morning: – Meet at the studio at 8:30am – 9am
– head into studio and go over styling and prep
– 9:30am – discussion and parent prep
– 10- 1pm – first baby model arrives.
This model session will consist of me posing baby through an entire newborn session; from individuals of baby and parent shots. I think seeing how a session works in it’s entirety is important. Please feel free to ask questions as we go. –
– 6pm – dinner out to discuss the day and questions.
Sunday morning: – Meet at the studio at 9:00am
– 9am-11am Editing: You will watch me edit a newborn images from start to finish. You will see that if the images are correct straight out of camera the editing process is a breeze for most sessions. If you are able to bring a laptop, please do, as you can follow along with me.
– 11am-1pm – Presentation on tips to running a successful business and making a six figure income.
– 1pm – lunch provided for you and wrap up of workshop.
Once booked, your workshop is NON REFUNDABLE but you may transfer it to another attendee or workshop.